Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sept 25th-26th we ended up going to lacrosse wisconsin for our championship and caught the crap out of them prefishing but when tournamant time came around our fish had stage frieght :oops:

launching our first day of prefish.

our guides and friends jimbo, and jim senior took me and my partner tom out on their water to figure something out for our championship which had 1st-3rd place winners in new skeeter boats.
here are some pics on how our prefish went.
me and jim junior seperated from jim senior and my partner tom to see first hand on how these guys work there spots as well as sharing some of our own ideas as well.

tom and jim senior's boat
jim senior with a nice eye

tom with a football

jim junior and I he was slaying them!

My two cents

we ended coming back the following week to look for more areas on our own just to seal the deal. and we found them! oct 1st-2nd

I mean we couldn't miss as we found this nice smallie sitting with a nice largy on the same spot :shock:

My biggest fish of the trip where these awesome smallies even though we had to sift through all of the northern to get to them. which was fun as well. :wink:

all in all even though we didn't win a boat or cash it was an awesome time!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! :D
I think it was around 4lbs. after catching that fish we then decided who ever takes this thing they will do it on smallies. and they did. locals from the chain took 1st place and a new skeeter zx200 with a two day total of smallies weighing in at 39.96lbs.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Pre-fishing looked like a blast. Nice bag of fish 8) The locals do the same thing at the Geneva tournies. Most guys pitch for the largies but the locals dropshot and usually get a limit of about a 5lb average on smallies. Thats a hard bag to beat with largemouth :shock:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
matt, love to get out to geneva as i have only fished it once in my life and my partner got me on fish.
paul, the trail was big bucks bass.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya we love our water proof digital cameras! he just got a nice one that takes video or pics underwater. mine does the same but i still haven't tried it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.