Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new here but went to the lagoons lastnight from 6:30 to 8:30. I caught 3 bass on senkos wacky rigged 2 on my first 2 casts. none were really picture worthy the biggest being about 11 in but its still nice to get some action. I just started serious fishing this year and the lagoons in the last month. It took a while to figure it out but I still can't get anything much bigger than 16 in. Is it my bait (mostly senkos and plastic tubes) or am I just not in the right areas? I mostly fish 6 and 7 because it is away from everyone any suggestions?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Explore them! Get off the beaten path(away from the bucket heads) a little bit and you will do very good. Senkos in weed pockets are killer there.

I have had the best luck around lagoons 5 6 and 7. Caught one of my best bass out of there, 21" 5 lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an inflatable I bought this year but I havent taken it out because I mostly go fishing during the week after work and there is only an hour or two of sunlight but thanks for the advice and I agree on 5,6,and 7 I think 7 might be underrated though I have done my best there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.