Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7pm - 8:45pm; light east winds; mostly sunny with some nice clouds; temps about 80.

Well, got the bass skunk for the first time in 12 outings. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Was really surprised it happened at Lake Arlington though. Perhaps it was the fact the my picture is posted all over the lake! They are having a fishing derby in August and they asked permission to use some of my photos in the brochure. And that brochure is posted on all the bulletin boards around the lake!

Ran into mike163 and we worked the east shoreline for a while but to no avail. I sure hope he had some luck after I moved on to the north shoreline.

Worked mostly Senko's and a couple of smaller crankbaits. Finally got a crappie on a Rat'l Trap. So no fish skunk, just a bass skunk.

It was, however, a spectacular sunset and a lovely evening so it was great to be out nonetheless.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea, I got the Skunk to. Started at the southwest corner about 6 moved to the northwest about 7. Tried senkos, bass assasins and yum dingers to no avail. Couple of strikes but couldnt hook a darn thing.
I dont get it, Lake Arlington used to produce pretty good, now its pretty bad.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I thought about heading out there and then remembered my last experience there. I think the problem is that the weed growth has diminished from earlier in the year and I think most of the structure where the fish are holding is outside of casting distance. I think it might suffer from many of the same problems as Lake Glenview in that respect. Of course at this time of year it's hard to find a shore fishing place that produces well on a regular basis with many of the fish holding out in deeper water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.