Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Location: 2201 N. Windsor, Arlington Heights, IL 60004 (847)577-3059. Windsor is the first light east of Rand Road (rt 12) off of Palatine Road. Go north on Windsor 1/2 mile to parking lot.

Known Species: Largemouth bass, northern pike?, crappie, bluegill, catfish, carp.

Bait Shops: Ed Shirley's on Palatine Road

Jay's General Comments:
Lake Arlington is a man made lake made in the early 90's. It's primary use is for park district recreation. There is a paved trail surrounding the lake which is frequented by bikers, rollerbladers, etc. The field house rents out paddleboats and sailboats. Several "bucket" fisherman can be seen fishing near the front of the lake with their big red bobbers and such. But it appears that for the serious angler, this lake can produce some nice fish. The shoreline is all rip rap and most vegetation is submerged and not overly abundant.

Lake Arlington is a catch-and-release lake except for carp. The entire shoreline can be fished and there is always plenty of room to find a good spot. I've had my best luck with plastic worm simply casting way out and working them back to shore. Rapalas are also productive, especially along the shoreline close to sunset. Bass, crappie, and bluegill will make up the majority of the catch. However, a lot of fishermen work for carp and catch some big ones.

You want to catch some fish? Give Lake Arlington a try. Catching fish is never a a gaurantee anywhere, but at Lake Arlington, the odds are certainly in your favor.

Bathrooms are located in the fieldhouse and a porta-potty is located on the north shoreline. Snacks can be purchased at the fieldhouse and stores are located 5 minutes away on Palatine Road.

Bottom Line: A very nice little park district lake that hosts a lot of recreation. The fishing seems to be quite good and should continue to produce. I've heard rumors of 38 inch northern pike. We'll just have to see.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts