Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any shore fishing at Lake Defiance? I got a buddy of mine who wants to take his kid fishing for the first time next Saturday, and I dont know if he would like to get on a boat. I was figuring Lake Defiance because its really close to his house, River Rd, and 120. He just wants to catch a few gills, but would be really nice to land a big ole, bass or pike. So any tips for the lake would be great.

·
Registered
953 Posts
There are a couple of fishing piers to fish from, but they are pretty much surrounded by weeds and lilypads right now. There might be a couple of holes to pitch in to, but by boat is the best way to get to the fish. Other than the fishing piers there is absolutely no shore fishing allowed at Defiance because the shoreline is all peat and extremely unstable. I was there on Saturday and boats are $25 all day plus $1 for each life vest. It's only 47 acres so even if you have to row it isn't that bad.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Black and orange inline spinner reeled erratically between the weeds. I think it pissed them off more than anything and that's why they bit. :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.