Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
I love those conditions dude! One thing I will say is that good rain gear is priceless on days like that. Even though it never really ended up raining, it keeps the spray from the waves and wind off you. Makes for a much more comfortable day.
LOL! What would you rather fish in? wind, snow, cold, or nonstop boat wakes?

My next major purchase is going to be a Goretex, heavy-duty rainsuit. I fiugre I'm tired of being miserable in the early spring and late fall/winter. Boy that stuff is expensive. Good fishing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
basser913 said:
Sweet Ride Lee. Love the dual console. I am a co angler and its Cold in the single consoles at top speed and the rain hurts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear ya Basser. That console sure is nice in nasty conditions. The only downside is that with a half a dozen rods and a tackle bag, I'm all cramped up. But hey- I'm just glad I am fishing in a really nice boat instead of my dinky, tin can. Good fishing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lee,
Your boat looks awesome. I can't imagine fishing out of a boat that is nearly 21' long. I'm sure all your co-anglers thank you for keeping that compartment open for them. I fished with a guy a couple weeks back who had the dual and he had a back compartment clear for all my tackle. That was great.

I've been on the flip-side too. A 19' dual console with rods and a tackle bag gets a little cramped. I fished with a guy with an 18' with the dual and he had his tackle bag out rather than stowing it. That was a little annoying but I like I said earlier, I always feel fortunate to fish out of someone's boat. I guess I just need to my next boat so I can stop being a co-angler. Good fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.