Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took our annual Dells trip this year, about 4 families got together too share the good time. Stayed at resort i always stay at and while it was great to see lake full of water again, it sure hurt not to be able to fish it again, although my wife tryed throwing a crawler out there thinking a miracle fish would hit it. Did fish river by boat 1 day and got 3 smallies but my lack of knowledge really showed it ugly face, especially when guy at Rivers Edge said smallies are in full force....... i knew that would be the death wish for my neigboor and his kid. Also tried Mirror lake by shore with nothing to show.Best results came from the hour i could get in at Devils lake, while others were eating managed some fish on plastics thrown as far out as i could toss. By the way if you have never been to Devils lake and in that area i would suggest going there the nicest state park i have ever seen with much to do there. On THE positive side they did release 9,000 walleye fingerlings on tuesday and in next few weeks a ton of adult fish will be taken out of Mirror lake and put in to Delton. Forgot did fish bottyom of Lake Delton dam and while my neighboor Nolan was having a blast catching sheepshead , i did ok catching some nice gills and a few crappies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.