Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Lake Erie today. We spent yesterday and today going for walleyes. Let me just say that it was a blast! My 13 year old son and I went along with 2 other father/sons. Both days we had our limit (42) by noon. Most fish were 16-23 inches. Also caught a number of white bass, sheepheads, yellow perch and one white perch. Everyone had a good time. The weather was good, but it was quite windy. We had 3-4 foot waves both days. Yesterday coming in we had 5-6 footers. I highly recommend going there. I can give you the name of a good guide service if anyone is interested. We found them at the Chicagoland Outdoors Show.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly recommend Lake Erie for Walleye. Most guides charge $1500 for 2 days fishing and that includes the lodging for 6 guys. For $250 a person for 2 days you can't beat it.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Sounds like a great time, Toothdoc. What's the name of the guide service you used?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawgn Charter Service. www.hawgncharters.com Our guide was Captain Dave Gwinn. They have 3 boats and all 3 captains were very knowledgeable. I will use them again in the future.[/code]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts