Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from about 1:30 to 3:30, slightly chilly with alot of wind
woked from second bridge to the docks.i used 4 inch yum dingers, basically a cheaper senko but i think its more durable. cought 2 bass one was a little dink on the peir, and the other was probably about 14 inches caught just north of the docks right before a big piece of cement, seemed like the bass were hanging out at the edge of the weeds. Picture coming soon

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report. I went there last night for about an hour and got the big skunk. I fished the North end of the lake, which is usually pretty good for me. I tried Senko's among other things and nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Good job role! That area holds some decent fish.

I was out there too doc. Fished from 7 to about 8:30pm. Managed two largies fishing the usual spot between the 2nd bridge and piers. I've had some luck fishing between the downed tree to the bend into the flats just south of the 1st pier.

First fish came right at the bend. 14 incher from green pumkin senko. Second fish, a 16 incher came from under the 2nd bridge from 4" smoke pearl Yum dinger. The smoke pearl does a great job of imitating minnows/small fish with it's two tone design.

I'll be out there again tonight if anybody is interested. Fishing should be better with the weather pattern settling down. Saturday was just awful. Spent two hours at Beck with the skunk and two more at the Glen with the big skunk. Glad I was able to get on a couple yesterday.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
almost got the skunkeroo. worked senkos and dingers at usual spot with nothing. walking back towards the car i decided to drop a line in a spot that i know usually holds fish south of the first bridge. first cast got a hit but missed. tossed it right back and bingo. hooked up with a decent 13" largie. pheww, no skunk and went home.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thats a good way to relieve yourself from the skunk, i went yesterday in the after noon but not very long,got the big skunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts