Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Glenview this morning from 8 to 9:30am. Sunny with temps in the high 70s to low 80s. Winds out of the NNE at about 10mph.

Started at the southern end off Chestnut Ave., worked my way north along the eastern shore, fishing near both bridges and the two piers. Caught two small crappies and a tiny tiny blue gill by the bridges on my trusty rooster tail spinnerbait. Also tried soft plastics, tandem spinners, and jigs, but had no luck with any of them.

Augy, glad you got that skunk off your back :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
hey bravesfan I just missed ya, I fished the Glen today from 10:30-11:30am fishing just about the same exact path you went along the eastern side of the lake. I got skunked real bad... I haven't caught jack there for the past week and I've gone almost everyday. Hopefully the fishing will pick up there again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I guess so. I think the severe heat the past few days have really put the fish into a different mode all over this area ... maybe they're all lying low in relatively deeper waters during the day. I know I'd rather hang out in the shade than chase some plastic worms around in the heat :lol: I agree with you that things should start picking up again, maybe by the end of this week when the heat wave has passed us for good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, I agree.. the water is generally really shallow near shore around most of lake Glen (even from the piers, just beyond them the water is still probably 3-4 feet deep max). But yeah the weather looks great for fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I fished there for about an hour tonight, from 7:30 to 8:30. Only managed one LMB on a white Mister Twister with a jig.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, it was such a nice evening to fish compared to this whole past week, but I had an evening class until 9:30pm. blah!
Toothdoc where were ya fishing on the lake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts