Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't been to The Glen in quite a while and decided last minute to give it a go. Was shortened outing die to a massive backlash on the reel and back spasms on me.

Fished from 7:30pm - 8:15pm; sunny; temps in the 80's; light west winds.

Started with a spinnerbait and realized after a few casts, "what the hell am I doing?" - not ideal spinnerbait conditions. Tied on a Senko and missed a beauty of a bass! This would have easily been my best Glenview bass. Had him on for a minute but the hook came unbuttoned. Shoertly after that I did land a nice 14.5" bass.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nice bass, J. That must've been a heck of a bad backlash. :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Good job Jason.
I didn`t know u were a baitcast man now.
The weediest its ever been huh
Try topwater next time 8)

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
JasonN said:
Was shortened outing die to a massive backlash on the reel and back spasms on me.
Sorry about the backlash & back spasms but sort of nice to know I'm not alone in either area. :(

A couple years ago after catching a nice bass on one of my favorite streams SW of the city I had a world-beating backlash. There was no point in even trying to untangle it so I packed it in. Then had to take naproxen sodium that night for back pain. I'm convinced the backlash started it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice bass! I have yet to try the Glen. Not far from me so I'll have to give it a go. Sorry about the backlash and the back spasms. I've had back problems for years since an old football injury, compounded by a work injury. I had my arm completely dislocated (out of the socket) playing football and as horrible as that pain was, I think back pain is the worst. I've been fighting off a tweak for days now and actually abandoned a trip to Beck today just to make sure I rest it up.

junglejim said:
I have been doing well with a Junebug colored Yum Dinger. No weight, just dragging it over the weeds. Good to see you are getting back to the Glen.
Junebug pattern has been working well for me this summer as well. Thanks for the tip. Do you rig the Yum weedless or wacky?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.