Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday evening I will be taking a group of senior citizens from the Regency Nursing Home fishing at Lake Glenview. We will be arriving about 6:15pm and will fish from the wall by the big fountain on the west shore of the lake directly accross from Dick's Sporting Goods.

If anyone in going to be out there, feel free to drop by and say hello. It's a blast taking these folks fishing and we're hoping to hook into a nice fish or two.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Good luck Jason. I will be on my way up to Door County for a week of vacation, otherwise I would stop by.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's a wonderful idea, Jason. Hope everyone has a safe and fun time this evening.

I dropped by the lake this morning from about 8-10 and fished along the entire west shore, working my way down from the north pool to the south pool and then back. The weather was beautiful, with temps in the 70s and slightly overcast skies, winds out of the NNE at around 10mph. I threw everything in my tackle box but got the big skunk. I did run into junglejim from this discussion board, who had caught a bass earlier this morning.

Hope y'all have better luck tonight.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It was nice meeting you Bravesfan. I worked my way back to the ne corner and caught a crappie on a pearl 3" flat tail grub. I met a fishing buddie(the Coach) at the north end he had just caught a small bass on a purple worm.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well gang, due to lousy weather we are changing our Regency Nursing Home fishing to Monday (weather permitting)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, it just started pouring rain out of nowhere!

But yeah, I too fished the Glen earlier today from 10:30am until about 1pm fishing mostly the south pool and the piers. I hooked into 2 bass within my first 15 mins fishing on the south pool but both of em' got off. I hooked into my first fish using a baby-bass pattern crankbait mid-range but it jumped and shook it off, and my second fish actually might have been a big ole' cat b/c it was fighting real hard and heavy like most cats, but it hit my 3" Yum dinger pumpkinseed w/ chartruse tip.
Other than that I had a few strikes fishing b/w the two piers but yeah didn't even hook into or see those guys.

If it stops raining, I'm definitely going to get out there again. I'm lovin' the cool weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts