Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overcast, temps in the upper 70's, light variable winds. Fished from 7pm-8:40pm.

Very quiet. Augy hooked into a nice largemouth bass near some timber but it got hung up and the line snapped. He later caught a 13" bass on a Senko. I worked several colors of Senko's and Slug-Go's to no avail.

Very little action on the water. Saw no bass jumping. A few carp were sloshing around but seems like their spawn is winding down. Weeds along the shore are thickening up, but not too bad. Other anglers reported slow/sporadic results as well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I fished at the Glen on the 14th, from around 4-6pm. Weather was a little cooler because it was real cloudy with an occasional drizzle of rain.

I got a 10" largemouth off of the northernmost fishing pier fishing along the edge of the weeds over there (looks like theres some rocks and a slight drop off?). Then I fished around the whole entire lake all the way until the northwest and northern ends where I hooked into 2 more largemouths about 12"-13" off of a jerkbait.

Yeah, I agree though, it's been pretty slow at the Glen. I used to sneak on to fish at the Glen about 4 years ago before fishing was allowed (I was still in high school... go figure) and the bass fishing then was incredible. I remember catching 10-15 largemouths in an hour, all ranging from 12"-17" inches and healthy. The largemouths at the Glen seem to be getting real skinny. Here's the largest one I pulled out about a week ago off of a Yum sooie (kind of a creature-like tube). It was about right under 2 lbs, real skinny.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I like the name KFB :wink: Welcome aboard! I posted your pic for you. Here's how to post pics.

Open free account at photobucket.com. upload pics and copy and paste the url of the image between

Not all image hosting sites are compatible with these forums.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Nice reports guys. Hopefully we at WCF can do our part to promote catch and release and help sustain our fisheries. I have seen a few private strip pits go public and the fishing is never the same, even if it is strictly C&R. Glenview seems like it is holding up decently for a public body of water. I hope the fishing continues to be good for you guys. It is nice to have a consistent spot close to home.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The fishing at Lake Glenview has gone down ever since it opened in my opinion. They released a number of LMB last year, but it seems that I caught a lot more fish in past years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts