Chicago Fishing Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
That's cool, I don't really fish what I would call heavy cover except up north, not much heavy cover around here (except Beck). Nor do I really throw heavy lures, again except up north. I don't think a baitcaster would cast any further, there's no reason it would be any different than a spinning in that regard I don't think and actually has no moving parts involved so should theoretically be less inhibiting to the line spooling off, but I do get the retrieve rate diff. So for me the investment would be a waste of resources. I prefer to have one rod/reel that does it all, keeping in mind that there will be trade offs (actually two, one medium/light and one medium/heavy). So I think I've got what I need for the fishing I do around here, and it'll do for the limited times I am in heavy cover or lure situations. Thanks for helping me out guys!

Also, I think I'm gonna give stick-o's a try. I do like Gary's stuff but just running out of money :shock: Me, I'm sure Gary is doing just fine!!!!

nice topwater, yeah just give em' a try. The first time I used them I was pissed b/c I was like "man they don't work nearly as well and I just bought 3 bags!!" but after going out 2-3 more times they grew on me and I realized that the non-brand name aint so bad after all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.