Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing at Lake Glenview this evening.

Thank you and goodnight. :x

Ok, ok... no pouting.

Temps in the 80's; hazy, overcast and humid; fished from 6:05pm-7:40pm.

Glad I picked the Glen because I figured they probably sprayed for mosquitoes. I believe they did.

Got 5 bites, all from mosquitoes. Skunked on the fish.

I'm wondering... has the carp population effected the fishing? The carp were boiling around most of the shoreline. I threw many baits for bass, walleye, etc.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jason, I do feel the carp population has affected the fishing as they seem to be everywhere, but as you can see from my reports good days can still be had. There are numerous schools of very small first of the year bass roaming the surface, especially around the docks, so the carp have not affected the spawn too bad, yet, but maybe other species like walleye are having their eggs/spawn eaten by carp. I'm finding the bass catchable and often in schools or at least 2-3 feeeding in the same area at the same time. On Labor Day morning I actually had two bass following one I was fighting, which I ended up catching at least one of the two. Where crankbaits used to be the way to go for me, soft plastics have been hauling 'em in since early June with the bonus of finding me some 'eyes here & there. Focus not so much on cover as drop-offs & edges and you should find some fish. Maybe we can meet up there one time and I'll show you what's been working for me. Keep casting and they'll be there. Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
953 Posts
AL-Quatics said:
Focus not so much on cover as drop-offs & edges and you should find some fish.
Speaking of that, does anyone have, or has anyone seen, a contour map of Lake Glenview? :?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have not seen a map yet myself, but legally one must exist. I've done of most of my depth charting having used slip bobbers & crawlers previously so I know where some of the better drop-offs start/end.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Maybe Jason can sweet talk the woman with the City of Glenview into giving us a contour map of the lake. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.