Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Glenview officially opens to fishing for the 2007 season on Tuesday May 15th.

Lake Glenview is catch and release ONLY except for carp. These regulations are strictly enforced.

Good luck out there. Hope to have another great season fishing this gem of a lake!

·
Registered
383 Posts
What time ya headoin out Doc? I'm probably gona be there too

I drove by it yesterday evening after finding out that Dick's was closed.

I saw a TON OF FISHERMAN!!!! fishing illegally....

Is there anything we can do about this?

·
Registered
953 Posts
After reading all the reports about this lake from last year I can't wait to try this lake for the first time. I have passed by it many times on the train and it looks like a great place.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't care how bad the weather might get (though it's looking a little better right now), i'll be at Lake Glenview around 6pm Tuesday evening!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Danno said:
As usuall Ill be driving the Black Jeep Liberty Diesel, Green Old Navy hat.
Just wondering . . . Do you have the turbo diesel in you liberty? If so how do you like it? Does it really save as much gas as it advertises?

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Too bad people have already started fishing it. There is something special about that first cast when a place opens up and the fish have not seen a presentation for quite some time. Good luck out there today. Get some Hawgies 8) I look forward to the reports and pics.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Islandfisher said:
Danno said:
As usuall Ill be driving the Black Jeep Liberty Diesel, Green Old Navy hat.
Just wondering . . . Do you have the turbo diesel in you liberty? If so how do you like it? Does it really save as much gas as it advertises?
Yep Turbo Diesel. Lots of problems with it after I got it though. But seems to be good now. Actually ended up in Litigation with Chrysler over it. But yes, the mileage is great especially on the highway, on the way down to Georgia it hit 33 mpgs. City around here is 25-26. All that torque is great, especially with the chip. Be great for towing, if I ever get a hitch and something to tow.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Id say it was reasonable, bout 26k. Had to fight to get rebates and incentives because the dealer said it was a high demand car. If your at Glenview look for the liberty with the Turbo Diesel decal on it. Gotta take it for a drive, it will surprise you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I WORK FOR CHRYSLER AND JEEP AND REALISTICALLY THE ONLY
WAY THAT VEHICLE WILL SAVE MONEY ON GAS IS ON THE HIGHWAY..
ALMOST EVERY CUSTOMER HAS THE SAME COMPLAINT ABOUT THE JEEP LIBERTYS THEY SUCK GAS LIKE CRAZY.. THEY ALWAYS BRING UP HOW THE 4.0 L ENGINE NEVER USED THIS MUCH GAS WHY DOES A 3.7 L SUCK SO MUCH :?:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't know about the 4.0 L getting any better mileage Tony. My son has a Cherokee with that engine and the mileage is as bad or worse than my Suburban with a 5.7 L.

The problems with diesel cars is if the mpg isn't significantly better it takes so long to recover the additional cost. It's sort of like a hybrid vehicle where you probably will never recover the additional cost of buying one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The only diesel worth buying IMO is the VW Jetta turbo diesel - it gets awesome gas mileage and has good power. The regular diesel model has great gas mileage but is a DOG. I'm not a foreign car guy though, so you won't see that in my parking spot. I know more Japanese cars are made domestically than US carmakers, but I like the large displacement engines. We just traded in the Mustang today :( I'm getting a beater pickup for now and hopefully getting a Cobra by next spring. The only good thing that's come out of the higher gas prices is people dumping eight cylinder cars, which is nice for guys like me who take the train and only need weekend transportation.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. Sorry to bring this up on the lake glenview page instead of general discussion.

Good luck if any of you guys get out today!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.