Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Mike and I hit up LITH today. Luckily Mike is a resident, and every once inawhile I am lucky enough for him to invite me along. Our main target today was crappie, with hopefully some bass mixed in. The end result was around 50 crappie, all on fatheads. A small bass and pike on a rattletrap. I had one fish on the trap for about 2 minutes that I never got close to the boat. That will have remain a fish story. This fish however is verified. 16 1/2 inches and my personal best. Of course released for someone else to hopefully do the same.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thats a beauty MAtt ! Well done yet again!

I have a friend who lives in LITH ,is this all u need to fish this lake a resident friend?

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The resident has to buy a yearly sticker for the boat, and it is electric only. I forgot to mention that Mike just registered on WCF as Coyote. Hopefully he sees the thread and can comment more.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Yes definitly need to be a resident, and need passes besides boat sticker. Have taken Matt AND MRB out a few times and watch them catch all the fish. Most of crappies ranged from 7-9.5 inches, were surprised we didnt find any crappies in 12 inch range. Hey Adam you got some catching up to do :D .Adam and i will most likly be out in next week and hope to have more pics gonna be tough to beat that crappy, but one never knows.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Making an impact on those weekends you have off now huh. nice Job !!

Your getting me to want to report again... :( ...lol

That is One Beautiful Crappie !

It was a really hot day today ! I was out 4:30a.m. -7:00a.m. with 10 fish to show for my efforts. All largies and all in the 1 1/2lb-2 1/2lb range. nothing to write home about.

Most likely will have a report up tomorrow.. *sigh*..

Darn you Matt !! Darn You !!

Lol.. Keep up the Great reports. !

When will you be hitting the smallies... Oh i can't wait... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George

:D

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jnap, Mike and I were talking about that one being a wall hanger. All we can do is release them and hopefully the next person does the same. MrB, that fish is yours next. Maybe she will be 17'' when you pull her out.

Even though that fish was unreal, the fish of the day was one I had on my rattletrap. After fighting it a couple minutes I am not sure the fish really realized it was hooked. Normally, with a fight like that, I would think it was foul hooked, but I could feel the occasional headshake. My guess by the fight would have been a large pike or walleye. Maybe next time :D

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
FishinMatt said:
MrB, that fish is yours next. Maybe she will be 17'' when you pull her out.
Hopefully! :D

FishinMatt said:
Even though that fish was unreal, the fish of the day was one I had on my rattletrap. After fighting it a couple minutes I am not sure the fish really realized it was hooked. Normally, with a fight like that, I would think it was foul hooked, but I could feel the occasional headshake. My guess by the fight would have been a large pike or walleye. Maybe next time :D
I would imagine that it was pike, if I even think that it was an eye, I wont be able to concentrate the rest of the week. LOL! I had a few good shakers myself there last year but unfortunately I have had them get off too. I actually have put some wide gap hooks on some of my gear, to eliminate this. I lost alot of fish last year and its still bothers me. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.