Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Lake Michigan landing net?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ChgoEnforcer 
#1 ·
I know due to the harbors and such being so tall I will need a very long landing net for salmon. Where can I buy one? How long does it need to be to be sufficient enough to land a salmon?

#2 ·
Go over to Dick's sporting goods and get yourself the Ranger 9800 t net for $39.99, Larry AKA Legend told me about it and I went and picked one up yesterday,It is a quality net that will telescope to shore fish the lake from piers.This thing reachs no problem at all.Best bang for my buck so far.Dick's has the best price for it as well cabela's wants $47.99
End to End 118 inches just a Hair under 10 feet.

Chuck

Description: this model is constructed of black anodized aluminum handles and hoops. Available: The Octagon Handle Salmon Walleye large boat net guarantees perfect alignment of the snap button. The 5/8" diameter reinforced hoop ring measures 27" x 30" and supports a 48" deep net 48" handle. It has a comfortable foam grip and a stretch cord on the handle. The Hook-Free Rubber Net features thermal plastic rubber that won't snag hooks or harm fish. Its octagonal telescopic handle adjusts from 42" to 65". Hoop measures 22" x 20". Minimize

#9 ·
OK guys for those if you looking for this net. I picked up the series above this one at the Dick's in Niles but that was the last Ranger net. I went to Arlington Heights and they didn't have any. I finally went to Schamburg during lunch time and they have 4-5 of them left of this model shown in pics. So if you're looking for this net and live in the NW burbs go to Schaumburg.

#12 ·
toothdoc said:
spiroh said:
I just used this landing net yesterday and it worked great. Top quality product especially for the money.
So what did you catch? You never post your reports. :?
I didn't catch squat. I only had 2 hits. One I lost because I didn't have my drag set on tight. My brother caught a salmon in the 12lb range. We only fished for 2 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.