Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went south to milliken today. I saw a report that they have 8 lbers in there so... I walked/waded around the entire lake. The fish were all very shy, the bluegills got skittish when I was 20 feet away. I saw alot of small/med bass but they had no interest in what I have to offer. A few giant crashes happened on top of the water, it seemed more like a musky or pike than bass to me but I dunno. That lake is only 3-9 feet deep and has a ton of fishing pressure but I will still be back- I should have gone to Heidecke though.
Somehow the reel I ordered a couple days ago showed up today from japan? My new shimano antares reel (japanese calais) is great. The reel is solid aluminum, no plastic. And I never backlashed even with new braid and all the brakes off but 1.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i haven't heard anything better at heidecke. it hasnt been that good since it stopped being a cooling lake. i caught a 20" pike at milliken last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.