Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent the week up at the cabin again. Caught a ton of fish. ranging from a little 25 inch musky to a 19 inch smallmouth. Most fish were either caught on a chatterbait or a rattle trap. Rattle trap caught the most fish though but the chatterbait did catch the musky. Pictures soon to come.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the chatterbait was originally a larger version targeting musky! So no surprise thats what hit it.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Topwater said:
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the chatterbait was originally a larger version targeting musky! So no surprise thats what hit it.
yup, sure was. the musky version is frickin huge with two ginormous hooks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It is HUGE! I saw one up in Hayward in May and almost bought it just to show around! Some of those Musky lures are rediculously massive, but if they work then hey, why not!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I had the privelage to throw around a bunch of musky lures up in Pierce Lake. Many of them are 6-8 oz and heavier costing up to $80-$100 bucks a pop. Have you ever seen a musky tackle box? it's about the size of a good sized ice cooler. :shock:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Pierce Lake in Rock Cut? I've only gotten Musky on my way to get northern or even bass. But I am thinking I need to get a good heavy rod/reel and a few king size lures. Just in case :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Topwater said:
Pierce Lake in Rock Cut?
I think so. Around Rockford.

Yeah, I hear many folks catch muckies on accident bass fishing. So what about your little musky honey hole??? Haven't heard much from you about it.

I should be due a musky in about 9,800 more casts! :wink: I'd better get casting!

·
Registered
702 Posts
My Musky honey-hole is a private lake in des plaines. A friends father lives on it and has let me and another guy fish it last summer. But we overstayed our welcome and the friend (not the father) is somewhat unstable, and basically told us to stop coming over :roll: Kinda ticked me off, but what can you do?! Those Musky in there ought to be getting pretty good size this season too!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts