Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here's a response I received from the City of Glenview:

Fishing is not allowed until May 15th. I have alerted our Police Department to the problem. Please feel free to call the Police Department at 847/729-5000 if you see persons fishing before the 15th.

·
Registered
953 Posts
They don't do it to protect the spawn. It's actually a pretty stupid rule. When the Glen was built up the residents didn't want there to be any fishing allowed in the lake at all. I guess they felt that fisherman would only dirty the place up. In a complete compromise with the residents it was decided that people could fish, but only for 6 months out of the year. So they came up with an arbitrary May 15th to November 15th season. Leave it to the rich and snooty to keep the fisherman down. :(

In fact I don't even know if the fish in there are really spawning that well. They stock that lake on a regular basis and I haven't really seen any small bass or walleye in there. They all seem to be stocked fish that grew up. Anyone else ever see baby fish in there???

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh, and one more thing, the nature watching during the Summer is very nice. Lots of pretty things to look at!! :shock: :D :D :D

Just ask anyone on this board who has fished there before in warm weather. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.