Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a couple weeks ago, but I thought I'd post the pictures. We had our second bass club tournament on Lake Sara in Effingham, IL. Technically we fish two separate tournaments, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

I pre-fished on Friday and caught a couple bass, but this guy took a coffee tube just like a bass. Hooked him right in the upper lip. I was fishing with a 6'0 medium spinning rod and 8 pound flurocarbon. Fun fight...took about 6 minutes and he ran about 10 times. My buddy wouldn't net him because he said it was "bad luck" so I had to pull him out of the water by hand. One of the prettiest carps I've ever caught (if a carp can be called pretty).

Saturday, I was the only angler to bring in a limit, so I won the tournament with 6.97 pounds. Fish were caught on a baby brush hog shallow. All males. Probably caught 20 fish that day, but there is 14 inch limit and I had a bunch that went 13.5. One guy brought in a 4.55 pounder.

Sunday I caught a couple on a spinnerbait, but the brush hog was the key again. I brought three fish to the scales and came in third with 5.43. Two guys brought in limits, one that went 8.38.

Fun weekend overall. Great weather and between 9 guys we brought in 40 fish to the scales. Next tournament is June 7 & 8 on Lake Vermillion. Our club is looking for boaters so if you're interested go to http://www.greatlakesbassmasters.typepad.com

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job dude & congrats on the win :D

That 2nd pic looks like new avater material to me lol

Did u happen to get a pic of the 8lber ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bassbilly81 said:
Pk said:
Leave it to you to win by default.
How did I win by default?
I misread your post I thought you said you were the only guy to catch anything.
But I still stand by my original claim.
Anytime you catch anything it seems to be by some sort of default in some way or another.

:lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pk said:
Bassbilly81 said:
Pk said:
Leave it to you to win by default.
How did I win by default?
I misread your post I thought you said you were the only guy to catch anything.
But I still stand by my original claim.
Anytime you catch anything it seems to be by some sort of default in some way or another.

:lol:
If by "default" you mean my far superior fish catching abilities. I think the last couple times we went out I was "defaulting" your ass all over the lake :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.