Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to my uncles lakehouse on Lake Thunderbird in Putnam for the weekend. Fishing was slow most of the day but really turned up when the sun went down.

I caught my first every Musky :D She was only 26 inches long but she was beautiful. Not a scratch on her (good thing too, since I would have had to put her on a stringer, you guys all know how delicate these fish are :wink: )Then about 10 minutes later, I caught another one :D Both caught on my favorite lure, the Red Eye Shadd from Strike King, sexy shadd color of course.

About 20 minutes later, I had a HUGE ski follow my lure to the dock, this thing was at least 40 inches but as soon as he saw me he booked it. Almost gave me a heart attack.

I did a little night fishing and caught a nice sized walleye on a jig tipped with a minnow. I also got snorted at by a buck. Scared the crap out of me.

Next day, I did a little casting before we left and caught a pig largemouth, she was full of eggs and weighed 3 pounds. She was also VERY dark

All fish besides the walleye were released.

Thats all, cant wait to go back to my favorite lake :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice job on the Muskies BigMart. Sounds like a good little trip down there. That must have been exciting to catch just off the dock! :D As for the Largemouth full of eggs. She was full of baitfish or other food/bait. They will get really fast around this time of year, they will stack up for the winter ;) The spring is when you will find them full of eggs. But good job on the Pig Bass as well. Keep the reports coming!

Congrats on your first muskie!

bigmart07 said:
I also got snorted at by a buck. Scared the crap out of me.
LOL, thanks for the great laugh, I bet it was a beautiful sight... I love hearing the grunt calls... :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it might have been bait fish, the red eye shad did great. :D The buck scared the crap out of me at first, I didnt know where he was because it was dark. I finally turned around and just saw him staring at me. I guess Im a pretty good looking doe :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.