Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lasalle Lake will open Thursday, March 15th.

Perhaps we should have a group outing to Lasalle that following Saturday. There are some BIG fish in that lake and i'd love to give it another go.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I was just looking at the map of that lake for the first time and man that looks like a crazy body of water. It's strange how most of the lake has a depth of 15 FOW then out of nowhere there are a bunch of holes with the deepest being 70 FOW!!!! I am definitely going to have to take a trip down there sometime. :D

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get a map here too...
http://www.windycityfishing.com/lasalle.htm

As far as I know, there is no boat rentals going on this season at Lasalle. Ans also, there is no more van service. That shoreline takes a LOT of walking to cover and that's why most people bring a bicycle. However, I don't mind the walking and can cover a decent amount of water on foot.

So if we do have a mini outing it would be from shore (unless anyone has a boat).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would love to meet you guys (and gals?) out there but that's the week end that I have to take care of my mom.... will there be another LaSalle lake outing???I guess it depends on how well this one goes huh? well here's one tip.... I local guy fishes there by shore.... he caught lots of good stripers on chicken livers..... I know , sounds like catfish bait but he and another guy caught 30+ 6-8lbs last year.....FYI...Good luck out there!!!

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Augy is the only "gal" on the site actually.

And yes, I am the chicken liver king! Look out stripers and catfish!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.