Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a late start I got on the water around 1P and headed over to the dishcharge. Tried my hand at the blues and picked up a couple on large roaches.

I was getting tons of 12'' bass and 1-2 lb channel cats, which quickly ran me out of roaches. I tossed a mini-mite and fathead on a slip bobber for awhile and got more small cats and plenty of these.

After running through the fatheeds I started throwing a shallow running shad crankbait about 10 feet off the rocks. That brought me a mixture of small bass and drum until finally I found what I was looking for.

This guy was not what I was looking for but still fun
]

The last hour or so was on fire. At one point I boated a hybrid on 4 consectutive casts. There were also some really nice yellow bass mixed in. I did not want to stop and take pictures, but I got one of the last fish of the day.

I could not think of a better way to start the season. I'll be back out tomorrow with Yami Master for some more fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice replys. Back out today with limited success. The wind gave us a beating and the hybrids were elusive. We ended up with a mix bag of largemouth, yellows, and cats. Unless we were livebaiting them. we really had to work for them. We lost a few nice fish that were probably hybrids, but thats the way it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.