Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me my dad my buddy Tim and Mark aka IXmarkthepot got there at
6:20 am and it was packed. There were like 30 cars in front us before we got to the parking lot but the wait wasnt too bad. We had our lines in the water and fishing by 7am so the wait was not to bad. Went to my favorite marker as I have done well in the past there. The fishing was hot in the early am than slow down around 11am but picked up again around 3pm. Caught alot of small channels, some nice size Hybrids, whites, and yellow Bass. I was very surprise no Blues :roll:. Usually I get a few nice ones out of this area. We were fishing off the bottom with liver,shrimp, and crawlers. Here is a few pic's.

My buddy Tim with his 1st Hybrid ever caught. Nice job dude! :D

A couple of pigs :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
yes, they are good eats but they have a lot of bones even if you fillet them. but if you cook them right the meat should fall off the bone. I filleted mine and I am looking forward to cooking some of them up tomorrow. yummy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do them stripers taste anyway? what's the best cooking method for them? Fillet and deep fried (maybe chunked if the're large) or baked/grilled w/butter & spices?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jdisci said:
How do them stripers taste anyway? what's the best cooking method for them? Fillet and deep fried (maybe chunked if the're large) or baked/grilled w/butter & spices?
They are great tasting fish. Anyway you prep them they are delicious. :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.