Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went back out to LaSalle today it was quite nice that the winds weren't whipping around, but we didn't catch nearly half of what we caught on Wensday when the winds were howling to the shoreline. Hooked with some stripers and blues and actually had a few decent ones in between. But regardless it was still good to be out on such a nice day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey umm i am15 and im on my schools bass fishing team and we are fishing la salle do u have any tips to catch bass

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yea will give you one important one.when fishing off them rocks,donit be standing up casting out into the lake in the same spot,for hours The rocks are were the bass are i crouch down and cast along the rocks,casting as far as i can,then get up move down the shore to were my casts were landing,and start over again,working my way down the shore,the rocks are the structure the bass are right up in them. You will get a lot of snags this way but donit set the hook into the snag get up and walk to the other side of the snag and try to get it out If you donit mind a long walk go to the east rocks best shoreline on the lake for bass,it has the biggest rocks and they go out to 18ft of water in a lot of spots,cast along the shore but you can also fan casts cause the rocks go further out,but as you fan cast remember it gets deeper as your bait gets further from shore

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good advice, I usually get all of my fish within feet of the shore. I went to lasalle and saw bucketheads casting way out so did the same? Plus didnt have much room since it was opening day and i got there to late to bike far. The one white bass i did get was 5 feet out like you said off a manns little george lure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.