Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Bassjiggler,

New to the site and also looking for advise. I have been doing pretty good between markers 40 - 60. Couple small bass using spinners, rattle traps, and a couple crankbaits. Tried drift fishing with chickenlivers last time I was there. May 19th. Tie on a small snap swivel. Poke a treble hook through liver then snap on to swivel. No weight. Cast out as far as you can, then let drift. Sinking it to bottom will bring cats, but drifting was bringing some descent stripers and cats. Nothing to brag about, but once liver hit water, I was setting hook usually within a couple minutes. Trick is to watch your line. While drifting, your line is always slack. As you see it start to tighten, get ready. Pretty much non stop action. A lot (and I mean a lot) of smaller channels. Took a few hybrids using this method, maybe a couple pounds each. Also a couple blues of moderate size. Roughly 3 - 4 pounders. Mainly channel cats. So much so that I started to get bored of catching them. I quit fishing that method after catching 30 or so small channels. Started to become a hassle...lol

Hope this helps a little. Its worth a try.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No problem buddy. Glad to try and help.
To be quit honest, I have had pretty good luck everywhere I stop and fish. Only been farther than marker 80 once. My son and I rode bikes all the way to the warm side one day last summer. Felt like a 10 mile ride. Only to run over a dead catfish head and flatten my front tire. Believe it or not. The ride back was horrible. Flat tire, nasty head wind, and a complaining kid who wouldn't carry a damn thing. I was pooped after that one...lol

Anyway, was planning on hitting lake soon. I will keep you posted if you would like. Bought a couple new baits I am going to try. Take care, be safe, and good luck...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
christhecatman22 said:
i only went four times in 2008 but i will be out here more this year.
Do you know these are reports from a year ago???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.