Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any idea what kind of baits being used in past years i would throw cast net for shad and did very well recent back surgerys no way i can throw net so trying to get game plan on other baits have cought few on live blue gills i cought there .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going out this weekend with my dad , gunna try for the big blues !! Been there the last 3 weekends and caught a bunch of the ttiny channels .Brother in law is going with his daughter this sunday ,my dad and me in his boat!!! Would be cool to live down the street from there ,we live Rockford Il so its a drive ............ later guys

·
Registered
748 Posts
I know you canit use any fish for cut bait that you caught anywere else, but i used these whole mackeral from korean store they were cheap, and you could get two baits,6-8 in long per fish and the blues i caught were 5-8 pound fish,but i donit if it is legal anymore because of the fish virus, i donit see the ocean mackeral having that virus ,but see if you can find out,and if you can that mackeral works great

·
Registered
144 Posts
svslider said:
Legend caught a blue one just under 20 lbs last month. Thats near the limit on fish ive heard caught there.
Who Needs Live Bait????
Larry Got This Hawg on A stick bait trolling with me at Lasalle.
BTW they also like Soap :shock:

Chuck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was up at LaSalle a week ago with moderate success. A lot of small cats, one decent bass, and about a 4 lb. drum (off a crankbait...wtf). Anyone had any success over the weekend or last week. Any big strippers or blues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went out on Sunday with my buddy, caught 9 blue-cats and one channel....from 3 to 5 lbs and One blue 22lbs in the picture below....my buddy lost a big one about the same, also caught two white bass, and tons of small channels.Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.