Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West branch, white tube. Air temp 42, water probably 39-40. Weight bite, no thump.

Lost another big fish a couple hours later, took drag immediately. As I tried to back up and pull it shallower, I stumbled and it pulled off. Likely a carp considering the run it made, but if it was a smallie I’d prefer not knowing. 😭😭

I’ll try and get out a couple times over Jan and Feb if the weather cooperates.

Happy new year all.

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Outdoor recreation Watercourse

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one! Have you been using a white tube this whole time?
Thanks! No, I’ve gone back and forth between two BPS colors. I usually start with Green Pumpkin Illusion (basically a goby pattern) and the white. White is an interesting color because it’s great in clear water and really stained/muddy water. The fish/bites from the other day were mixed between both colors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
West branch, white tube. Air temp 42, water probably 39-40. Weight bite, no thump.

Lost another big fish a couple hours later, took drag immediately. As I tried to back up and pull it shallower, I stumbled and it pulled off. Likely a carp considering the run it made, but if it was a smallie I’d prefer not knowing. 😭😭

I’ll try and get out a couple times over Jan and Feb if the weather cooperates.

Happy new year all.

View attachment 139469
Nice. I have that same Simms pack. It's a good one.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Haha, I too, have the ambidextrous tactical, use it for fly fishing. You guys lefties, too? I like the bag hanging over my casting shoulder. I need another lefty sling to replace my worn out one I use for conventional fishing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, I too, have the ambidextrous tactical, use it for fly fishing. You guys lefties, too? I like the bag hanging over my casting shoulder. I need another lefty sling to replace my worn out one I use for conventional fishing.
Righty. Wanted my casting arm unencumbered (at least I assumed I did?? Lol). Working great so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts