Chicago Fishing Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Maybe too much political speak. I always appreciate different views even if I disagree. Come on back big guy!

Virginia......hold on to your fishing rods, that is going to be a close one!

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
I don't think the owner there Marc would mind, but I personally did not. At one time there was some competition between all the sites when they were still widely popular, however Chitown and WCF always stayed out of the fray. To me, it would be like stepping on their grave. I think most of those guys know to make their way over here if they want. Chitowns biggest base has always been Great Lakes Fishing, particularly salmon fishing, and that is not really a thing over here. Of course, there is plenty of opportunity for them to take off it here, but I think most will ride off into the sunset.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
At one time there was some competition between all the sites when they were still widely popular, however Chitown and WCF always stayed out of the fray.
It was worse than most even knew behind the scenes. CTA was involved with Marc even taking a restraining order out on one of the other site owners. They'd tail each other around. Even hire private investigators. Show up each others' court dates. Insane rivalry. Two sites worked together sharing IP address info of their members trying to figure out who certain "mystery members" were. Now nobody seems to care much at all and this weird behavior seems silly.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Nice invite written over there Matt for lost members to come over here. Written perfectly! (y)

Still haven't seen the Rambler, though. Maybe he joined Chitown? He likes dead-end causes.

I'm still sticking with my theory he slid on the mud banks of the the Des Plaines, bumped his head, and now is running around for the last few weeks thinking he's Santa Claus. The cool thing about Rambler is that he never gives out lumps of coal. They are, after all, fossil fuel. 😈

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Thanks guys. I saw Luckydawgs pitch so I figured why not. Back when all the sites were competitive I got to know their owner Marc through messaging, and he seemed like a good guy. Out of respect I did not want to do any recruitment, but there obviously was some interest. Seeing as we are the last local site, banding together to help keep this going makes sense. It still stings a bit that Jason is not the owner anymore and all that goes with that. Hopefully some of those guys make their way over. It would be cool to get some of the least active forums going with the knowledge of many of their members.

Rambler. Where art thou?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I can't put my finger on it yet but there's something too commerical about fb, Instagram, tiktok and their ilk that a push style over substance and your worth is based on the number of followers. Quite honestly I like the degree of aninimoty that WCF offers vs. FB where I don't have a bunch of co-workers, managers and family creeping on my personal life and if I want to act like a clown hopefully WAFers can see it's tongue in cheek and mostly harmless.

As much as some of you get my blood pressure going or make me shake my head we're still family in a sense. We're not too much into the vanity that other platforms suggest is a virtue. Let others who want to 'build their brand' take it some place else.

Were just a bunch of simple fishingmen who like to fish, report, brag or lie about our exploits and bitch at each other on other issues. All said and done I'd like to think we'd wish each other 'good luck' as one was heading to the water and as one was leaving.

Long live WCF!
Well said!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts