Chicago Fishing Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Being a ******* from Sout Looziana I was grateful for all the guys from CLF that taught me wading the Fox for smallies and ice fishing the local ponds, Lake of the Woods, and The Yooper. Never would have happened without their guidance.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, it's late in the month and the site is still up and running with fishing reports and guys listing classifieds. Go take a peak if you want a last look.

I still wish he'd reconsider keeping it going. Alternatives would be to pass it on somehow to someone else or freeze it where it's at for some time and leave all the helpful info and reports up that members have spent so much time contributing.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Five days into 2022 and the site is still up, but no posts in 4 days. I wonder if they are blocking any new posts. I'd do a test post but I don't have an active account there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the biggest problem is that people have to behave on web forums where they don't on social media. Tribalism is a cancer to message boards
i prefer the message boards better organized and more often a better discussion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marc gave his reasons for wanting to shut it down. Although I don’t agree with it and wish he’d keep it up. It’s his decision. I know people have tried to take it over, or help out. First I was at clf, then chi town, now here I am. Good people and lots of info get lost when it happens. Such is life. I’m sure RonG is happy to see me over here. Mops

41 - 50 of 50 Posts