Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week later, I'm still excited haha. I caught my biggest LM of 18inch last weekend at beck. Not only was it the biggest i've caught but the first i've ever even caught at this torturous lake. this sucker was nice and fat getting ready for winter. Makes me regret not fishing it more this summer instead, always going to the glen.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Congrats on your catch and welcome to WCF. Beck can be very tough, especially with the weeds. But I think that there are some big fish in there to be had.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Welcome Gither! Congrats on a fine catch. Where'd you catch it? The water was like chocolate milk on the north end when i was there that Saturday.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Augy, havn't seen you for a while. I was was getting poured on at lake arlington earlier in the day saturday without any luck then it stopped raining so i gave beck a try. I got there right before sunset and fished the east shorline. Met a guy named mike and he saw me using a white senko and suggested i use my ratltrap since the water was as you said like chocolate milk. I casted that out a few times and while i was steering it through the weeds, BAM! Giggled like a little girl. Its amazing how fishing can make one so happy. I'm going to fish beck again this saturday afternoon till sunset. Maybe i'll see some of you out there.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
many of us will be fishing the deep lake fall classic this sat.

and it's funny cause i went to arlington after beck and caught a bass. guess we did the old switcheroo and both got lucky.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
That's the thing about Beck... there is always a chance of a real nice bass. The problem is, they can be few and far between.

But nice job, Gither!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job Gither !
Beck is a great lake if u know when to hit it. 8)
Everytime I see u u have that rat-l-trap hangin from ur pole lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts