Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boat out to Beck for a few hours on Saturday and man was it crowded! There had to be about twenty or more people fishing the shorline, and about only three on boats. Threw spinner baits and rattle traps, managed two on a spinnerbait and one by hand...I saw splashing near the island and can see it was a bass floating on it's side, so I moved in for a closer look and could see a bluegill wedged in his mouth. I got close enough to pick the bass up and then removed the bluegill. They both swam away although the bluegill did not look very good...LOL. Funny thing is the bass was right across from the spot were I cut the goose free two weeks earlier!

This one was caught on a spinnerbait...

...and this was caught by hand

that thing was really stuck in there...had too use pliers to get it out

·
Registered
506 Posts
does the one by hand count as a doubler? Nice job out there they look very healthy

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for the great report. I really need to get out there on a boat sometime, see what that little gem produces.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
haha thats cool. once last summer I had a 10" little largemouth wedged onto the tail of a bluegill. no way possible it could have ate the gill but the gill had ate my worm and the little bass trying to eat the gill at the same time. weirdest thing i'd ever seen. wish i had pics. :shock:

B

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job guys, I believe it was Alex a few years ago found a 5lb bass with a crappie wedged in its throat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great report & rescue Rich. That picture does bring back memeories of my experience. Thanks for posting the link to my original post Sean. Funny thing is, it was EXACTLY 2 years ago (plus 1 day) to the day of Rich's rescue... and on the same lake of course. Crazy how mother nature works, huh? Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
369 Posts
ive been wantin to try beck for awhile now. how would you rate it compared to say axehead or busse. and are all the gills in there that big. its not huge but it's bigger than most of the ones i see that close to chicago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.