Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out Last Night around 8pm in the snowy blizzard! :wink: We fished until about 7am.... Me and my buddy must have tried about 20 different jigs and the crappies were really finicky. We ended up with about 15 crappies and took home about 5 or 6 and 1 bluegill. The weather got a little chilly around 2am suprisingly. Be careful too... Lots of slush on the ice. I popped a flag on a tip-up in the middle of the night. It ended up being a small bass. We fished everywhere from 12-20 FOW. Most action came on small silver glow swedish pimples. Lots of lookers, but not many takers... I hope to get back out tonite!

The Biggest Crappie was around 14 inches...

The Canadian Club Whiskey kept us warm! :p

Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Way to go junior stack the hop klops got to get out there with you soon.Mafia only meets in secret places.Probably slow becase of the different weather fronts moving in wreaks havoc on the barometer.Makes for a tough bite, but you had some keep warm juice to help make it through the tough times.Way to go.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MrB said:
how was the Big D?
Hopefully Koolaid will post a Report Later on it. It was tough though.. If there is not a report by tomorrow, I will post it. But Koolaid has all the pics...

How was Crystal Lake Pike Fishing?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Lotta gills between 3" & 8" , lost a nice pike at the hole (bite off 20Lb Test PP) Should have used a leader. Only second time being bit off with PP. Buddy got a snake and lost one w/o even seeing it . Then more gills & gills. We may head out to CL again this weekend let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MrB said:
We may head out to CL again this weekend let me know if you are interested.
Thanks for the Invite Adam. Saturday I will be fishing with the rest of the Panfish Mafia and I am not sure about Sunday yet. Let me know if your going Sunday, there might be a possibility I will tag along.

Dave

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mplant1 said:
No monster perch ?? 8)
LMFAO... This is a totally different Lake. Just thought I would call out that guy on the perch since I know exactly where he was fishing. and know exactly where to park and etc... I haver been fishing the place where those perch were caught since I was a Kid, I have not been back there for a Long time now. Maybe 4 years. But we use to catch perch like that when fishing for smallies... Part of the quarry is legal to fish and DNR will come around. the other half is illegal. He was fishing on the illegal side, I know that stretch of shoreline and bay. Especially if he said there was still open water! :lol: He said it is the most secret place in the NW burbs... But it really isn't. I knew about it! :lol: :wink:

I hate CLF anyways... It's like when Ed would posts his walleyes through the ice on the fox river... Thats a easy one! :lol:

Right by the River Boat. theres a 20 foot dredged hole and it freezes over pretty good in a eddie. then the rest of the river will be open water! Go at night and use jiggin rapala's and jiggin spoons ;) you can sometimes pound them! 8) I have seen him out there numerous times! :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I must say that was some funny shit on CLF :D Dave there is no doubt you know your shit. And by the way killer crops you got there. No way i would have been caught on the ice in that storm, so more power to you for that.
Looking forward to the family getting together this Saturday, i will be certain to bring a case or two of coronas since the Miller Lite i brought last week seemed to not be good enough. LOL

Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Doing crazy things on crazy terms sure does make one feel alive....

Well done man ...that's some crazy fishin

Good stuff :mrgreen:

·
Registered
400 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
MrB said:
how was the Big D?
Hopefully Koolaid will post a Report Later on it. It was tough though.. If there is not a report by tomorrow, I will post it. But Koolaid has all the pics...

How was Crystal Lake Pike Fishing?
I'll try to get the pics on flickr tomorrow. Just resting up for the next outing. Good job out there guys! :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the Comments guys, I'm actually shooting out to Bangs Lake in about 45 minutes for hopefully some night time Slabs! :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.