Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am originally from Warrenville and grew up fishing the West Branch of the Dupage river right off of Mack road. I would usually start wading at the dog park/canoe launch. I remember catching a lot of great smallies up through there. I am visiting family for Thanksgiving and was wondering if it is worth it to bring the waders and tackle for some late season fishing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am originally from Warrenville and grew up fishing the West Branch of the Dupage river right off of Mack road. I would usually start wading at the dog park/canoe launch. I remember catching a lot of great smallies up through there. I am visiting family for Thanksgiving and was wondering if it is worth it to bring the waders and tackle for some late season fishing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Absolutely worth fishing. The biggest stretches of deeper water will obviously be on the main stem but there is good water all over. I’ve caught fish as late as New Year’s Eve (pic). Fishing could even be better in the next few weeks (big cold snap next weekend notwithstanding) than it has been because the annoying loose grass will be blown out and fish should not be in transition any more. If you don’t have a cheap digital thermometer I’d get one asap. Water temps over 40 will still produce fish. Small jigs, Chigger/Rage craws and Neds will work.

I’ve not really fished up near Mack RD although I’m familiar with the area. Start looking down near Naperville for deeper water and if you’re game try the main stem (starts in S Naperville where I’m at).

Good luck. Shoot me additional questions.
Water Fisherman Outdoor recreation Watercourse Fishing rod

1 - 2 of 2 Posts