Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I went to the lagoons for a few hours on Mon. We had a few hits but only managed one fish. The weather was beautiful,58 degrees and partly cloudy a little windy and the water temp was 46 degrees.We tried several different lures, Chatterbaits,jigs shallow cranks and spinner baits. Spinner bait is what caught this little guy!(only one of the day.

Here are a couple of pics from the last time out at the lagoons

They almost look like they're waiting for a handout!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Nice fish & good pics :)

What kind of boat do u guys have to get out on the lagoons with ?

Maybe u should try some deeper diving cranks this time of year :?

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Nice fish, Rich. Props for getting out on the Lagoons this time of year. Ice-out to first-ice, fish can always be caught in open water. It just takes perseverance.

Especially love the deer pics. I do a lot of "deer hunting" with my camera. Got my biggest buck last week... 10 points! I'll post the pic on Monday as it is on my camera at work.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The deer at the lagoons are so used to people they come right up to the boat to take a look at you. I love watching them swim from island to island, hope to get out a couple of more times before winter. Culprit,our boat is an 11ft. bass raider two man plastic,it's perfect for these small lakes because it's very light but pretty strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.