Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
We were fishing from our two man Pelican pontoon electric powered boat. Conditions were clear and sunny with periodic cloud cover, windy, air temp at 55 at 10:00am then dropped to 48 by mid afternoon, water temp steady between 48 and 49 degrees. I caught that one and 3 smaller ones on a white/green double willow leaf blade Booyah(not sure on that spelling) spinner bait 1/2 oz with a slow retreive. All of these bass came off shallow points (about two feet of water or less) near the shore probably tryin to keep warm. They were all fat/well fed so they are definitely piggin out for the winter. We fished timber/blowdowns for over two hrs with only one small bass.
I think your best bet this time of year on Skokie lagoons is spinnerbaits or some version of a jig and pig on these shallow points off the shore on sunny days. A slow retreive is probably best due to the temps. (remember fish are cold blooded so their body temp is almost exactly the same as the water temp) The timber is probably too cold due to the shade and i dont think the bait fish are holding up there during the daylight hrs. We're going back this week. Hopefully we will get some big pigs and good pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.