Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing with Matt all day Friday I was surprised the Coyote still had gas in his tank for an early morning run to Geneva. We hit the water at 4am in the pitch black. Kinda freaky especially cuz I have never been there, let alone in the dark. Mike thru Buzzbaits at the docks as I tried to not hit anything. LOL! Nothing doing, I switched up, to a spinnerbait and got a nice Greenie.

Headless MrB

Mike got his Buzzbait bass a few minutes later

I got a small LMB trolling to another spot as the sun was coming up. But that was it for the Greenies. Had to put the pole down and take a pic of this. If u notice the wake there were already skiers out this early.

After awhile we ventured off to 20-30' FOW and caught a bunch of Rockies, Seeds, Gills and Micro Perch on crawlers off the bottom. Mike also got a SMB.

Around 10:30 we decided to head in due to the boat traffic. Highlight of the day was when a guy jumped in front of me and another boat at the launch. Mike was giving them shit as these two clowns couldnt get their 20k bass boat on the trailer. Usually I would have been pretty pissed but seeing these two and Mike screaming at them was too much. Karma is a beotch and they will get theirs. Fun to pop my cherry on Geneva though and thanks Mike.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Adam did a great job navigating in the dark. Thought fishing early am would produce more bass, but only 2nd time out early still learning lake. Always a blast for me to catch huge panfish....hope it did not bore you too much Adam. That was the most inconsiderate thing i have personally seen at a launch in my fishing carrer. Those guys were a step away from me opening a can of whoopass :D Thanks for taken your boat out Adam sure is a well taken care of boat and comfy.Might head up there wedensady am.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Adam did a great job navigating in the dark. Thought fishing early am would produce more bass, but only 2nd time out early still learning lake. Always a blast for me to catch huge panfish....hope it did not bore you too much Adam. That was the most inconsiderate thing i have personally seen at a launch in my fishing carrer. Those guys were a step away from me opening a can of whoopass :D Thanks for taken your boat out Adam sure is a well taken care of boat and comfy.Might head up there wedensady am.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice fish guys. I've fished Geneva a few times and only caught a mixed bag of pan fish. The size of the lake is a little intimidating because of all the options one has. I always wanted to hire a guide to point me in the right direction but never have.

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Great report guys. Geneva sure is a tough nut to crack. After weeding through tons of night fishing reports, I think I may try my hand in it as well. Probably about my only choice considering I can't get out during the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.