Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone else going to be braving the cold next weekend? I will down in Jefferson County. I have two tags so hopefully two does will fall to the 12gauge. Will report when I get back.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright well here it goes. It was freezing Friday morning. I did not see a deer the entire weekend. Saturday was super windy and deer were not moving at all. The hunt was not a complete waste. On Friday about 8am I had a unique visit from a Bobcat. He spotted me and like most other times I have seen them he did not run. He got down in a stalking position about 20 yards from my stand and did not move for like an hour. By this time I was freezing and really wanted to go back to the house to warm up. So I tried yelling and making noises and the Bobcat still would not move. Very strange since they usually are scared shitless. So I thought if I start to climb down my stand he would run away. Wrong, I got to the last step and the Bobcat stood up and began walking right at me. I will stop there. Very interesting...a once in a lifetime experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.