Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to John at Lee's Bait and Tackle. He's planning his open house for the end of April. Keep an eye out for it. Line winding, guest speakers, food ect. He's a great guy & generous with the minnows. gotta support our independent tackle stores boy's!! billyk

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Was there on thursday,really nice store very unique in the products he carries.
All the Japan tackle will blow ur mind and wallet lol
Told me he was getting another shipment in from Japan in a couple weeks which would include some new fishing lines made by Lucky Craft.

Where else can u go and find lures by Lucky Craft,Megabass,Jackall,Gamakatsu & Lobina and many others in the same store, he has definatly broke the mold for ur neighborhood tackle shop

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
johnny is the man!! nicest guy you'll ever meet and yes, very very generous with them minners.

hey Culprit-san........"i think i'm turning japanese, i think i'm turning japanese, i really think so...dadada tat tat ta da daaa"! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
All I can say is Johnny is the man, I helped him move next door by hanging peg boards for him, etc. But check out his Maui-Jims Sun-glasses, I bought 3 pairs, they are expensive, but the best fishing glasses I have bought in years!!! Better than my Oaks! Check them out. He is the man and is really generous with everything, You might have noticed over 30 pics of me on his window at his old shop of mostly big smallies from Door Count or IL area LM bass. He's a great guy and fun to fish with at waukegan or WWD pool. Prolly because we rip on each-other n give eachother sh*t LOL hes one of the best stores around. For the new Effen-Shirleys. He was gonna buy em out and open up his other strore there as he heard it was for sale. But he backed out knowing it would be too much on his back with family and all. Thats why he is also a great man. Family before business ;) "Me, I will never go to that new store in Palatine, One thing is because if you want something, Johnny will order it for you" if he cant get it, he will get it ;). Thanks for the post Culprit, But his Wife can get a lil outta hands with me at times with teasing me with new lures and offering 20 dollars a lure for a 32 dollar lure form japan, I think i'll stick with the lucky crafts! LOL!!!! :lol: Thanks culrpit. I will tell johnny you spreaded the news on a site and he will be so happy that things are going around. I will call his cell phone tomarrow morn. Thanks bro! You the Man!!!! :D

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
He's the man, always smilin' and willing to take the time to get to know his customers. Always overflows my bucket for the dozen he charges me for. Nice selection, will be hitting him up soon for my trip to LaSalle lake (need some larger circle hooks)

Got some nice Akuma combo ultras from him last year.

--CH

·
Registered
421 Posts
If your looking for something special and dont see it there ask him He'll go right to the books find it and get it ordered for you. You cant beat him its like your own private bait shop he takes the time to deal with you one on one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.