Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 months of fishing left, and some of the best months too, and I am probably done for the season. I argued, and reasoned, and begged, and whined, all to no avail - my wife is getting a dog, and since I work from home, I am now going to be a hostage to its bladder patterns and appetite for destruction. I am so pissed! As if a murderous parrot that's here for the rest of my life was not enough.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ha! x2 on what choupiquer said. My dog jumps into every pond I fish. I'd much rather be on a river so I won't take him. I've thought about getting those shark fin life jackets for dogs but it would still be too much of an issue taking him on the river. Here he is after he jumped into deep water near shore a month or so ago and I had to jump in and drag his ass up the bank. I stepped into a muskrat hole and then the pond, got soaked. Good luck with the new pup!

He'll typically ruin my fishing spots anyways

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
One of the guides in a marina we used to fish out of in Florida always had his retriever on the boat. If any of the lines started going out, he'd bark. So you'd look over and, yup, they'd be hooked up.😎

·
Registered
599 Posts
What kind of pup are you going to get if you have any input get a cattle dog supper smart and don't think with their noise

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
A former member here, HnG, took his wife's small dog on his little a bass boat one outing. He heard the splash, but never saw the dog again...... Not giving any ideas, but definitely a fishing story I'll never forget.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I have a miniature schnauzer. Mine has a ton of personality. She’s a mix with some terrier I think. Smart too. She used to walk off leash, stay right next to me, stop and sit at every corner. After about a year of that I put her back on the leash and let her start smelling everywhere. I think she became happier being a dog rather than some trained robot. She is 11 now. Sleeps most of the day but still has daily spurts of energy playing with my beagle that I found a few months ago.
You might find the complete opposite and she becomes a fishing partner.

~JOE~

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I recall wasn't there a fishing show back in the day that had a guy named, Jerry hosting it.I can't remember his last name. However, he had a black wiener dog with him all the time the literally would jump into the water to retrieve every fish he caught! Anyway, the two of you will have a lot of one on one time in the next three months to come up with a fishing plan together. Good Luck to both of you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to google the name of the fisherman with the dog. His name was Jerry Mcginnis and he was devoted to his Dashound pet. He was a pioneer for fishing shows on ESPN. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts