Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching "Bass Pros" off my DVR yesterday I heard Rick Clunn use the term "Confidence Bait", referring to the concept that most fishermen have one (or a couple) "go-to" baits when they need that confidence boost.

It struck me that I definitely have a confidence bait when it comes to largemouth bass fishing: the Yamamoto Senko. I learned about Senkos on this very site, and for that I'll be eternally grateful. When relaying the results of my recent trip to Sag Quarry East (see "Other Waters" posts for 4/27) to my brother, he asked "senkos?" before I even had a chance to say what I caught the fish on. We fish together a-lot, and his statement punctuated how much confidence I have in this one bait.

I thought it would be fun to hear if others here on WCF have a confidence bait for chasing Largies, and what it is. If you think this concept is flawed, I'd love to hear those opinions too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would have to say the Senko also. I have been fishing senkos for about five years now. A close second is the dropshot and robo worm. If you can locate fish, it can be the go-to bait for the finicky bass. I used to have my father send me senkos and Robo worms from California. Now you can find the senkos anywhere and robo worms are not so hard to find. Gary Yamamoto for president!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Spinnerbaits. I can cast those the best and work them at all different depths and speeds and they catch bass from ice off to the beginning of winter.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
If could only fish one bait all year it would be a spinner bait.
Always have one tied on

2nd would be some type of jerk bait

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I'd would have to go with the 3 season lure of choice.....jig and twister. I have used this successfully in lakes, ponds and rivers. The type of twister can be exaggerated in the summer to include a dead ringer but I would go with the twister 2"-5" with a variation in colors depending on the season at hand. Secondly, I've had alot of luck on the swimbaits. The variety again differs given the season and the color can make a big difference depending on the clarity of water.

Good question.

JB

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.