Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out for a few hours , when i proably should have stayed in. Wind was imagine gusting over 30 mph. Even JAKE and Elwood would have not gone out in this. Started in calmest area i could find and picked up some dandy 11 inch craps. Then let the wind take me down the shoreline and throwing spinnerbaits picked up 2 bass with one being 18 in, no Tooth doc bass but still respectable. After losing boat control. I anchored in 14 feet and picked up as many bass as i wanted as they were feeding on the windblown shoreline using fatheads. All bass were truly great fighters even though they didnt reach 15 inches.Cool weather must give them more spunk. I think if i would have stayed longer i would have found an eye or 2, but i was getting nervous about my long trek back too launch.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good job, for it being as windy as it is today. I got bored so I tried to tie the kayak on top of the explorer about an hour ago, I failed. Wind was too strong for me to even put it up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.