Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few hours on lake after casting artificials in what looked like pure chocolate milk from the recent rains, i could not get anything to bite. Had some leftover fatheads and some fake 3inch gulp minnow. While i did not get a huge amount of fish the variety was fun with Bass, Walleye, Crappie AND even a nice sized 30+ pike all caught within a 15 foot area. Once again the water temps are way down from last year at this time with the best reading i could get at 54 , hopefully things will improve by next week[
]/[/i
[
/][
/][/
][/img]mg]

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Nice mixed bag there! So did you fair better with the live minnows or the gulp? From what I recall, if I'm thinking correctly, the gulp minnows are the one in the tub or are you just buying them in packs? Those ones in the tub are damn expensive.

That outing was pretty cool tho. One bite a crappie the next a pike, talk about anticipating the next bite. :D

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes MATT that darn Pike has been escaping me for a few years :D JB CRAPPIES and Bass seem to love gulp these were from the bags not the bucket. Walleye and Pike were caught on real stuff.. Was hoping for a Smallie but not meant to be.On vacation next week and most likly will be out sometime if anyone wants to tag along you more than welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.