Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Coyote and I met up for some sheety weather fishing. We hit the first pond with coyote getting a hit and me with a bite off. :? Thought my knot gave but the line was cut clean but a foot up the line was frayed, 20lb Powerpro. Me thinky toothy critter. We moved to a new pond where action was also slow I got a small Bass and the Coyote gets a bruiser of a carp weighing 8lb 10 oz. on da digital, soaking a crawler. Mike missed a lmb at the shore but that was it. Cold, rainy and foggy, it felt like fall out there.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Dang nice Carp....was nasty out today you guys are fishing junkies to be out in this weather :lol: Then again we fished when it was 8 degrees this winter at the WWD...LOL

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Fishing sure did suck guess it will improve this weekend for sure. Not that i fish for carp but is my personal biggest and was fun to land, . Hey Adam how did that carp taste when you brought him home. Did you put him on the grill or deep fry? :D :D

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Was out this morning before work, and was skunked again thats 3+ hours of fishing last 2 dayswithout a largie on pond that normally produces. Had a couple on today but was going to fast with lures even though i was going slow. Just disdnt have the finesse to get them. If you guys try today i would in my humble opionion go as slow as possible in your retrieve. Good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some of the nicest fish I've caught this year have come on days when fishing isn't normally ideal using a super-slow retrieve - so slow I can barely stand it. I've noticed it's a bit easier fishing with someone who likes to talk or listening to my mp3 player because you don't notice how slow you are going. I have a lot of Floyd loaded on the mp3, which either slows me down or gives me the occasional acid flashback :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.