Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see this small body of water, reminds me of Axehead maybe smaller out in Lombard. It's in a park called Lombard Lagoon.
Lombards website says that fishing is allowed, so obviously there are fish there.
The question now is, is it worth it?
Sometimes I get put off by the amount of pressure at Axehead, but it's so close, so this new place would be a good alternative for weekday after work fishing for me.

Anyone ever try it out?
I've yet to see anyone fishing there when I drive by.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's decent size. I'd say Axehead is slightly bigger but not by much. But this place never ever has a single person fishing there. I went there yesterday morning at 7 and stayed until 12. Only caught one fish, but it was a monster 10 pound catfish.
That one fish was the only bite I had while there though. So not sure what to think of it.
I'll be sure to hit it up a few times this year though.

Only thing worrying me about this new spot, is there are drainage pipes leading from a building on the premises out into the lake. I just hope they're not dumping their sewage into the lake :(

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
If those pipes are flowing I would hit that area right at the flow. If you don't get some bites then chances are that place blows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know, it's not deep at all from what I could tell. And not much vegetation. I'd say it was about 6 to 8 foot deep where he came from. Was a complete shock when I pulled him to shore and saw him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A nightcrawler. Went in there targetting panfish with crawlers and grubs. Came out with a cat though. Not a single bite from anything else. I'm going to try back there in a week or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.