Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of work so been hitting the river most days during the day. My fishing buddy works during the day. If anyone is down during the week to hit the river I usually go by irving and river let me know! Make sure you bring a knife there are whackjobs in those woods :lol:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
afalconsvick, haha "seen any weird people?". There are ALWAYS people out in the forest preserves in Park Ridge area (of the alternative lifestyle persuasion) looking to anonymously hook up for sexual escapades. "Backing in" to the parking spot is the way to spot most of them. not trying to hate on gay people or anything but the whole idea is a bit creepy. especially because its so secretive and in a forest preserve. i mean, go to a gay bar for gods sake. anyway be cautious, and just avoid conversation with anyone who looks like they are there for anything other than enjoying the forest preserve and you should be ok. a buddy of mine was recently "propositioned" so dont think you cant be approached by strangers for such a thing. just make it as obvious as possible that you are not there for that reason.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think its less good in the summer because its so shallow and muddy? Probably good for cats and carp still but the pike become less active.
I am totally creeped out by the typical cook county fp weirdos. Like you said- rent a hotel room/ Sex with strangers in public places is unacceptable unless its with beautiful women 8)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet tim I will def hit you up! As far as the weirdos in the woods, it is amazing what kind of people I encounter in my journeys. I walked the river from Irving to belmont. Came across some teens doing drugs, homeless guys playing horseshoes, and two really pretty joggers. Used a few different cranks no luck. Will be back again this week! maybe me and tim can hit up the boat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.