Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my kayak out and explore the dupage and was wondering if anyone knows good access point ?. I live in homer glen and will drive up to Bolingbrook north or anywhere south.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to take my kayak out and explore the dupage and was wondering if anyone knows good access point ?. I live in homer glen and will drive up to Bolingbrook north or anywhere south.
There is a launch on the East Branch at 53/Royce Road. The only issue is that the next developed take out is on the Main Stem at Riverview Farmstead Preserve, a bit over 9 miles downstream.

That being said, I have caught a lot of nice smallies and largemouth in the stretch between Royce Rd. and the confluence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure how experienced you are, but Pioneer Park in Naperville is a nice put in spot and easy water to paddle. Most of the time I am solo and paddle up stream a mile or so and just float back down casting side to side. Have caught several nice fish in this stretch of water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure how experienced you are, but Pioneer Park in Naperville is a nice put in spot and easy water to paddle. Most of the time I am solo and paddle up stream a mile or so and just float back down casting side to side. Have caught several nice fish in this stretch of water.
Thanks for the info! I have been meaning to try the West Branch, but I kept hearing how shallow it is in that section. I bike past there regularly and don't see too many people fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts