Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm getting sick of using my phone for all my pics, I'm looking to get a digital camera. I'm looking for one that is waterproof and shockproof if possible. Has to be able to bounce around the boat and not fall apart. The only one I have found so far, is the Olympus stylus 850 sw. Anyone have any sugestions or thoughts that they would like to share?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Couldn't agree anymore with that choice.

I own a Stylus 790 which is basically the same exact thing. The Stylus 790 is a bit cheaper but not much of a difference compared with the 850. The main price differential is with its underwater capabilities. 790 can go down to 10ft, while the 850 can go down to 30ft.

Below are my impressions of the Olympus - nearly identical to the one you're interested in.
Check it: http://www.fishing-headquarters.com/fishcast/?p=153

If you want a sampling of underwater images I've been able to take thus far, let me know and I'll attach a few below.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I went with the Pentax Optio 7, i believe they are up to 10MP.
(W60 is a great camera also..)

completely waterproof down to ?20ft.

I've submerged it and taken pics underwater and into the ocean underwater.
Plus used in the pouring rain.

Rinse it off with tapwater and let dry.
(Don't open the camera around any moisture.)

bad item is no lenscap so I use a beer coozie..

Takes great shots, video and multi use settings.
Also fits in the pocket.

:D

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have one of those Olympus shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof cameras too. It takes great photos and is easy to use. I found mine by doing a Google search and finding the lowest price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.